Wednesday, February 20, 2013

He Knows Us Best

This weekend, Team P and I took a trip to VA to celebrate my parents birthdays. God showed us much favor while we were there. On our drive down, we only had a quart of gas in our minivan. Those of you who know anything about automobiles (I know very little) know that you need at least 5 quarts in your car at all times. This could have been a catastrophe because the drive was 500 miles! At any given time our engine could have locked up and we would have been stuck on I95 somewhere praying for a miracle. But God saw fit to allow us to make it down there safely with no complications. My dad, who's a mechanic, among other things, was totally amazed that a minivan made it that many miles, with so little oil. Favor!

While we were down there, my cousin noticed that my engine was smoking! I immediately thought that my engine was messed up but it turned out to be one of my hoses leaking on to a pipe and that was making the smoke. I couldn't make out what it was that was leaking so I called my dad for help and he referred me to a local mechanic. The mechanic told me that my transmission was leaking fluid but he couldn't really do anything because they didn't have the equipment necessary to fix my problem. He told me my best bet was to go to the dealership to get it checked out because only they had exactly what I needed to fix my car.

I hope you see where I'm going with this...

Sometimes as Christians we get down. We get broken and we need fixing. But what do we do? We go to the local mechanic, our girlfriends and homies, only to get the wrong diagnosis and wind up in more trouble than what we started out with. We need to take all of our problems to the dealership aka Jesus Christ, the one who created us, who has all the knowledge and equipment to fix our problems. Instead of confiding in your best friend about your marital problems, you need to get on your knees and take it to the Father. 1 Peter 5:7 says, "casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." You don't have to settle for second hand solutions and remedies for your problems. The one who created you and loves you more than anyone ever could, has all the answers. His desire is for you to take it to HIM and only HIM for he's a jealous god (Joshua 24:19)

After the dealership finished taking care of our leaky antifreeze hose, they noticed our check-engine light was on. They did a diagnosis and found out there was something wrong with the ER-valve and fixed that too. When we brought the van in the receptionist told us that our warranty might not cover the repairs because they saw similar cases and in every case people had to pay out of pocket. I told you God gave us favor right? We were TOTALLY COVERED for both repairs. All we had to do was pay a deductible which was nothing compared to what we could have paid.

When you go to God with your troubles, he doesn't just fix one but all! Your child might be sick so when you pray all you're thinking about is them getting better. You don't bring up the fact that you're late on rent, you have no money for food, and your phone just got cut off. But God knows all and he's equipped to take care of all. He's in the total-body healing business all you have to do is just take it to him. Won't cost you anything but some time in prayer. I think that's a fair trade, don't you?

-SP

No comments:

Post a Comment